Dead zone phantom with 0,1 mm glass spheres
· Dimensions: 10 cm wide, 2 cm high and 3 cm deep.
· The phantom mass is made of plastic. I contains 1000 glass spheres with a diameter of 100 micron pr. cm3 .
· Attenuation of background material: high.
· Sound speed of background material: ~1450 m/sec.
· Outer dimensions: 18 cm * 6 cm * 9 cm.
· Weight: 0,4 kg.
· Use large amount of scanning jelly or if the transducer can tolerate it, just water.
· Optimize the focus to the near field.
· Move the transducer slowly from side to side.
· Notice the distance to the closest glass spheres that can be distinguished.
· After use: Rinse with water and let dry.